Saturday, April 7, 2012

3D films lose lustre as home-grown hits win cinema box-office battle (Entertainment)

URL: 

Reading Time: 20 minutes



Level of Difficulty: 2



Summary:
   3D film is already losing its market thought a wave of enthusiasm for Avatar had swept over everywhere and brought abundant profits in 2009. Low-cost, British-made blockbusters sake 3D film’s position. Available video from digital channels, American TV series box sets, home rental service and legal or pirated online films also pushed it out of the picture. 3D film is thumped by the sustained rise in the price of fuel and more careful usage of out-of-home expenses, too.


Feedback/Comment:
  People are cautious with money because of the rise in prices. It may really cause customers to decrease their consumption on 3D film. As for me, I prefer buying a ticket to enjoy it in a theater. Owing to more high-quality sound and bigger screen, my heart vibrated to the atmosphere when I see 3D movies in cinemas. Visual effects bring a feeling to me that like I experienced present scene in the film. Besides, I can receive a discount by purchasing a student ticket. It will help me control my expenditure to some degree. As a result, I think paying for 3D films is worthful. On the contrary, I seldom spend on movies that are not 3D. They feature stories and plots without any special effects, so I would rather rent DVDs or enjoy them online than go to the theater. There is no denying that most customers are affected by reality and choose to reduce out-of-home expenses. In spite of my admiration, 3D films really lose luster gradually.


Discussion Issues:
1. Do you think 3D films lose luster
2. What channel do you usually choose to enjoy movies

2 comments:

  1. 2. I seldom watch TV. But if I watch a movie at home, I will choose HBO, AXN and STAR MOVIE

    ReplyDelete